Friday, February 3, 2012

Tacks: Changing Directions

Change, while necessary and ever-present, is an uncomfortable subject for many people.  When you overlay change on top of a career, things can get complicated.

I've spent a great deal of time doing public relations, media relations, legislative communications, etc. and have learned a lot about myself and my value to the organizations I've worked for, and there have been a few.  During the course of 15 years, I have held 8 different communications positions in 4 different sectors, working for organizations with a mission from pharmaceutical companies to telecommunications to the oceans and Alaska.  

In this blog, I hope to address many of the questions I've come across regarding recalibrating one's career amid life changes such as kids (I have 3) and moves (I've lived in 5 states), etc.  In addition to my personal reflections about developing a specific skill set that is resilient in an evolving employment landscape, I am also hoping invite others who are experiencing the same type of career tacks changes (a nautical term for changing directions) that I have come through.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment